- Description of new rights available to California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information We Collect
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support our business functions. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers and driver’s license numbers
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships
- Education information, such as degree and schooling information
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How We Collect Information
Information You Provide: Brave New Look collects personal information about you when you interact with our Sites, including when you create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, or engage in an online chat with our customer service representatives. We also collect personal information when you make an appointment to visit, or visit us in person at, one of our Guideshop locations.
If you make a purchase through our Sites, our third-party payment processor service providers may also collect billing information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, credit card or debit card number, and billing and shipping addresses. If you make a purchase over the phone, we will collect this personal information and share it with our third-party payment processor service providers.
We may associate personal information you provide to us across our Sites with personal information that you provide to us in person in our Guideshop locations.
Information We Automatically Collect: We may automatically collect personal information from your use of our mobile app and devices that you use to interact with our app and Sites, as well as from your interaction with emails that we send to you. The personal information we automatically collect may include your geolocation and other data, including your IP address, browser type, device type, the webpage you visited before coming to our Site, pages you visited on our Sites, time spent on those pages, information you searched for on the Sites, when and for how long you visited the Sites, and similar information, which we collect through cookies, beacons, and other technologies. The information we automatically collect will be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may use this information to provide you location-based advertisements and social media posts. We may also use this personal information for analytics purposes. You may be able to discontinue our collection of geolocation information by changing the app's settings or the location settings on your mobile device.
Information We Receive From Other Sources: We receive personal information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, prevent or detect fraud, and for other business purposes.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our services and marketing to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications you receive from us. You may also contact us at email@example.com and explain your request.
WHEN WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose. We also may share your personal information with service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you including, for example, providing our products and services, providing site operations and maintenance services, providing database management, processing your purchases, administering surveys or contests, or communicating with you.
We may share your personal information with other third parties, including law enforcement authorities, when we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- prevent physical harm to persons or the property of others;
- prevent fraud or other illegal activity against Brave New Look and others;
- support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts; or
- comply with any and all applicable laws.
Aggregated, Non-Identifying Information: Brave New Look may share aggregated information that is not individually identifiable (or personal information) with third parties for industry analysis, demographic analysis, and targeted ad delivery.
Finally, we may provide your personal information to third parties for these third parties' own marketing and other business purposes. You may opt out of our continuing to share your information for these purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We also may use "pixel tags," "web beacons," and other technologies on our Sites to collect usage, demographic, and geographic location data, which allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
HOW TO MODIFY OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request that we review, modify, and delete your personal account information by contacting us or by making edits via the "My Accounts" section of the Sites. If you request that we delete your personal information, your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to modify or delete your account information, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your personal information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If you are a California resident, please refer to the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional information on your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
HOW Brave New Look PROTECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Brave New Look has implemented an information security program that includes administrative, technical and physical controls reasonably designed to safeguard your personal information.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS AND CORPORATE CHANGES
We reserve the right to disclose, sell, or transfer all information related to the Sites, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
INFORMATION WE TRANSFER
Our Sites are general audience sites not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act:
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- You can ask that we stop selling your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
- What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
- You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain website or in-store functions that require your personal information to operate. Deleting your personal information will not cancel memberships you have purchased.
- Stop Selling My Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. For purposes of California law, all categories of personal information, except for government identifiers, are transferred to third parties or within our family of companies. Such transfers may be considered a sale. If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers. If you are a California resident, to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” at the bottom of our home page to submit your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please click “Request for Personal Information” at the bottom of our home page or call 888-282-5184.
Your California Privacy Rights — Shine the Light:
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Brave New Look to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. Brave New Look will provide you with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To make such a request, please write us at:
Brave New Look, Inc.
845 Market St Suite 450,
San Francisco, CA 94103
HOW TO CONTACT Brave New Look
Brave New Look, Inc.
845 Market St Suite 450,
San Francisco, CA 94103